Saturday, October 14, 2006

Never leave me unsupervised

Scott is off with the Bad Seeds this weekend to run the Edmund Fitzgerald Ultra Marathon. You can follow their adventures here.

So I'm home with the three other female household members. Being of the furry, four-legged variety, they provide excellent company but not much in terms of witty conversation. This means I spent my Friday evening watching bad tv. Really bad tv, like reruns of Everyone Loves Raymond bad.

In the brief time that Scott has been away I:
  1. Managed to break the kitchen window. While looking for the dog last night through the kitchen window I decided it was really filthy. So seizing the moment I grabbed the windex and paper towls. Everything was fine until I tried to put the window back together (we have those kind where the windows pull out towards you so you can clean the outside from the inside). Anyway it won't go down all the way now. I have no idea what happen. I even tried pounding it down with a hammer. It's not open to the fridgid outside air, but the lock won't meet up so I can't lock it.
  2. Almost got into a car accident while going to the gym. I had attempted to go to the gym Friday night - twice! Both times there was absolutely no parking. Don't believe it when people tell you that there's nothing going on in downtown St. Paul. So after work today (yes, I had to work today, see #3), I thought I would try to make up for last night. Again I get downtown and there are no parking spots. I finally spied one across the street and went for it. However, I failed to check the oh-so-crucial blindspot. I almost side-swiped the car next to me. Luckily the other driver had good reflexes and brakes. Of course I was too ashamed and embarassed to do anything but flee the scene. So I still haven't made it to the gym! Maybe I'll walk there on Sunday.
  3. Decided that I hate my job and need a new one. Since I vowed I wouldn't discuss work on this site that's all I'll say, but if you hear of a job opening let me know. It needs to be something that's Mon-Fri 9-5 with no special events.
Thank God Scott is coming home tonight. Until he arrives I'm locking myself in the bedroom. I'll be just as dangerous and prone to fits of flightiness when he's home, but he usually prevents me from hurting others.

No comments: